Here is another recipe from my mom’s kitchen! She is such a fabulous cook and I love sharing her creations with you. Here is her latest delicious offering from Mom’s Kitchen. Enjoy!
Chicken with Goat Cheese, Sundried Tomatoes, and Tarragon
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes (in oil and drained)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 to 2 ounces chopped or diced pancetta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Rinse and dry chicken breasts. Salt and pepper each side and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Combine goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and tarragon in a small bowl and set aside to soften.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and pancetta and cook until pancetta is crispy.
- Remove pancetta with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan with the pancetta drippings.
- Brown each side, about 3 minutes per side, may need to add bit more olive oil.
- Add chicken broth and cook chicken, covered, @30 minutes, turning over half-way, till chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the shallot and saute till soft.
- Add the pancetta and deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping up any brown bits.
- Add the chicken back to pan and simmer till sauce is reduced by half.
- Plate chicken with shallots, pancetta and pan sauce. Top with goat cheese mixture before serving.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!