In the summer, I love fresh basil pesto over pasta. In the winter, basil is not as readily available… so I made this wintertime pesto using a sundried tomato base instead. I added a few different flavors by using cashews and topping it with lemon zest and goat cheese… delicious! Hope you enjoy this winter time treat.
Sundried Tomato and Cashew Pesto
- 8 ounces sundried tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- one third cup cashews
- one third cup basil
- one half cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. garlic
- one half cup pasta water
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 tbsp. goat cheese
- 1 tsp. chopped basil to top with when plated
- handful walnuts
- Cook your favorite gluten free pasta until done, reserving one half cup of the pasta water before draining.
- In a food processor or mini chop, add the drained sundried tomatoes, olive oil, cashews, one third cup basil, coconut milk, garlic, pepper, and pasta water.
- Chop on high until well combined.
- To plate, serve the pasta in a bowl. Top with 2-3 generous scoops of the pesto, goat cheese, walnuts, chopped basil, and lemon zest. Put on as much or as little as you like!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!