Honestly, I was never a big fan of bacon. I would much rather have sausage with my breakfast. However, since being gluten free and having to expand my fridge staples, I have tried to find more ways to use bacon because it is a safe food for me. I thought of this chicken recipe and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! A great dinner idea for a cold night… and it is very easy!
Bacon Wrapped, Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, either thin fillets or pounded thin
- 4 strips bacon (I used low sodium)
- 4 tsp. goat cheese
- 4 tsp. dried cranberries
- Spread 2 tsp. goat cheese on top of each chicken breast fillet
- Sprinkle 2 tsp. dried cranberries on top of the goat cheese on each fillet.
- Wrap each chicken breast fillet with 2 strips of bacon to hold in the goat cheese and cranberries.
- Sprinkle pepper on top of the bacon strips.
- Bake at 375 degrees about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!