I love Waldorf Chicken Salads… the combination of apple, walnuts, balsamic… so delicious! I didn’t feel like making a salad for dinner because I have been eating salad for lunch, so I made Waldorf Chicken Bundles instead. All the ingredients of one of my favorite salads in a dinner time meal!
Waldorf Chicken Bundles
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- one half of a green apple, cut into small pieces, with the skin on
- 1 celery stalk, cut into thin slices
- one half cup crumbled goat cheese
- one cup balsamic vinegar
- one quarter cup finely chopped walnuts
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Slice the green apple and celery into small pieces.
- Take each chicken breast and make a small slice lengthwise, not going through the entire breast. Cut it open so it looks like a pita pocket.
- Stuff each chicken with the green apple, celery, and goat cheese. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of each chicken breast.
- In a baking pan, bake the chicken at 375 degrees about 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is almost done, reduce the balsamic. Pour the balsamic into a small pan, heat on medium high heat. It will boil down to half and make a syrup. Don’t let it sit as a syrup in the pan, make sure you make the syrup when the chicken is just about ready.
- When the chicken is cooked, pour the balsamic syrup over each chicken breast, sprinkle walnuts on top, and serve hot!