Even though I don’t like the fact that it is a little cooler in the fall, I do enjoy all the flavors of fall cooking. In addition to stocking up on pumpkin, my fridge is also full of apple cider. I love having a warm mug of apple cider with some cinnamon on top, and I also love cooking with it. Here is a fall dish where the chicken bathes in apple cider and cinnamon!
Apple Cider Chicken with Rosemary, Leeks, and Fennel
- 2 chicken breasts
- one leek, greens cut off and chopped into rounds
- one fennel bulb, greens cut off and chopped into rounds
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- salt and pepper
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp butter and chicken over high heat.
- Brown chicken for 3 minutes each side.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the leek and fennel slices. Sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add half the apple cider and half the rosemary.
- Sprinkle the chicken with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook over medium heat about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the apple cider and rosemary.
- Cover and cook another 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and apple cider is cooked off. Add water or more apple cider if needed to keep pan wet.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!