Every now and then you have to splurge with a little bacon, right? It makes the house smell great and it makes any meal taste better. This week, I made a quick and easy chicken recipe with a rosemary, bacon, cream sauce. It was delicious! Hearty for these fall nights. I put it over rice, but you could easily put it over quinoa or gluten free pasta instead.
Chicken with Rosemary, Bacon, Cream Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. pepper
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, maybe a half inch by half inch. Tip: I use kitchen scissors!
- In a large saute pan on high heat, saute the bacon until it starts to sizzle, but isn’t fully cooked (about 3-4 minutes).
- Drain the bacon fat and put the bacon bits back into the pan.
- Push the bacon aside and place the chicken breasts in the pan. Sprinkle the chicken generously with pepper on both sides. Saute the chicken on high heat about 2 minutes each side, just to brown the outside.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the coconut milk and rosemary.
- Cover and let simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the coconut milk cooks off, about 15-20 minutes. You may take off the lid for the last few minutes.
- Serve hot over rice, quinoa, or pasta by adding the chicken and spooning a generous amount of bacon and sauce over it. Garnish with rosemary.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!