Pumpkins and apples and leaves, oh my! Fall is upon us, and so is the abundance of canned pumpkin. Pumpkin has a ton of fiber and not many calories, so I had to get my fill this time of year. I made mashed sweet potatoes with pumpkin… what a great fall side dish!
Mashed Pumpkin Sweeties
- 2 sweet potatoes
- one half of a can of pumpkin
- one half cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- Steam or microwave the sweet potato cubes until soft (about 10 minutes).
- In a large pan, add the soft sweet potatoes, pumpkin, apple cider, vegan butter, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Mash until desired consistency.
- Serve hot.
Happy Allergy Fall Eating!