Have you entered the Slim Kicker Giveaway yet? You could win a free slow cooker. It is 6 quarts, stainless steel, and FREE! Just go to Tuesday’s post, share your idea for a healthy tip, and SlimKicker will pick the winner. I will notify the winner next Tuesday. Good luck, and can’t wait to hear your ideas.
On another note… living in a house means I can grow my own fresh herbs. Right now, I have dill, basil, and parsley. I have been trying to cook with these fresh ingredients (and be thankful that I don’t have to spend extra money at the grocery store). So, I made a very mild chicken dish… Lemon Basil Chicken. It is slightly sweetened with brown sugar, and is a quick and easy summer dish.
Lemon Basil Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- about 6 basil leaves
- 3 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice 4 lemon slices.
- In a saute pan with the olive oil and 1 tsp. brown sugar, saute the lemon slices for about 2 minutes each side. This will sweeten them.
- Cut each chicken breast in half, like a pita pocket, making sure not to slice all the way through.
- Stuff the each chicken breast with 3 basil leaves and 2 sweetened lemon slices.
- Squeeze the rest of the lemon juice over the chicken, sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Enjoy hot!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!