While the winds were whipping and the rain was coming down, I couldn’t think of a better meal than homemade beef stew. It was warm, cozy, and smelled delicious as it cooked in the crockpot all day, while I kept my fingers crossed that the power wouldn’t go out!
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin, cut into one inch cubes
- 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 4 celery stalks, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, cut into one inch cubes
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into one inch cubes
- one quarter cup chopped parsley
- one quarter cup chopped rosemary
- 1 cup red wine
- one half cup apple cider vinegar
- Layer all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cook on high heat for 4.5 hours.
- Stir every hour to mix the ingredients.
- Serve hot.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!