I usually make my lunches for the week on Sundays, and usually make the same thing for the entire week. I can put it together in the morning and don’t have to think about it because the prep work is already done. This week, I made a BBQ Tofu Salad and it was SO good! If you don’t like tofu, you could easily make this recipe with chicken. It could also make for a healthy weeknight dinner.
BBQ Tofu Salad
- one package of cubed tofu, drained
- 4 tbsp. your favorite BBQ sauce + 1 tbsp. for dressing
- one can black beans, drained
- 1.5 cups frozen corn
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- juice of one lime + 2 tsp. for dressing
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 5 plum tomatoes (1 for each salad)
- one package of spring lettuce mix with herbs (more than enough for whole week)
- avocado slices (optional)
- Drain the tofu very well.
- In a large sauté pan, add the tofu and 4 tbsp. of your favorite BBQ sauce. Saute the tofu over medium heat in the BBQ sauce until it starts to get crispy.
- In another large sauté pan, add the drained black beans and corn. Add the lime juice, chili powder, and lime zest. Stir the corn and beans on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- To make each salad, make a large bed of lettuce. Top with corn and bean mixture, BBQ tofu, sliced tomato, and sliced avocado (if you wish). Dress with extra 1 tbsp. of BBQ sauce and extra 2 tsp. lime juice.