My dear friend Jen told me about a chicken recipe that she tried the other night, wondering if I could make it gluten free. Seemed easy enough. And it was… as well as delicious! The prep work took me less than 10 minutes, so it is perfect for a busy weeknight meal that you want to taste homemade. Thanks, Jen!
Honey Pecan Chicken
- 3-4 boneless chicken thighs (you could also use breasts)
- one cup raw pecans
- one half cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 4 tbsp. honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a food processor or mini chop, combine the pecans, cornmeal, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Finely chop. Put mixture into a bowl.
- Coat both sides of the chicken with 3 tbsp. of honey and then coat the chicken on both sides again with the pecan, cornmeal, and chili mixture.
- Place coated chicken in a sprayed cooking pan and drizzle the last 1 tbsp. of honey evenly over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Enjoy hot!