I have never caramelized leeks before and wanted to give it a try. So, I came up with this chicken recipe where the leeks could really shine. It was a very easy dish to make on a weeknight and I will definitely be making it again!
Dijon Chicken with Caramelized Leeks
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced into thin rounds (excluding the green parts)
- one quarter cup gluten free chicken broth
- pinch of salt
- one halt tbsp. sugar
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. honey mustard
- 4 tbsp. diced fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- After washing and slicing the leeks into rounds, put them into a large sauté pan.
- Over high heat, sauté the leeks for about 3 minutes, just until they start to wilt.
- Add the chicken broth, sugar, and pinch of salt.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- While the leeks are cooking, prepare the chicken. Evenly distribute the Dijon and honey mustard over both sides of the chicken breasts. (I spread it with a spoon.)
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten free breadcrumbs and fresh tarragon. Press each side of the chicken breasts into the breadcrumb mixture and then place each breaded chicken breast in a large oven safe sauté pan.
- On medium heat, crisp the outside of the chicken, about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Then put the entire sauté pan with the chicken in the oven at 375 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken hot with caramelized leeks on top.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!