Sunday afternoons are when I clean the house, make lunches for the week, and enjoy some time to gear up for the always busy week. I do love cooking, but sometimes I also love just throwing some ingredients in the crockpot and letting it simmer while I enjoy my Sunday afternoon. So this week, I did just that. The result was a delicious Sunday night dinner with very little effort!
Orange and Paprika Drummies
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup gluten free chicken broth
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- juice of one orange plus 2 tbsp. orange zest
- one quarter cup gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- white rice, cooked to package directions
- one cup frozen peas
- one cup frozen corn
- In the crockpot, lay the chicken drumsticks in the chicken broth and smother the drummies with the garlic, orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- When the chicken is almost done, cook white rice according to package directions.
- When the rice is just about done cooking (with about 1-2 minutes left), add the frozen peas and corn and cook them in the rice.
- Serve the rice, corn, and peas in a bowl and top with the chicken drumsticks.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!