I recently made my own Herby Chicken Parmy as a switch from the turkey leftovers that I am still picking at. It is gluten free and you would never know it! This recipe is also very easy, and the herbs really enhance the flavor. And, the parmesan cheese topping doesn’t make me sick… a nice bonus! Someone once told me that hard cheeses are less irritating to people with food allergies… wonder if that is true? I’ll take it…
Herby Chicken Parmy
- 3 thin chicken breasts
- whites of 3 eggs, or equivalent
- one quarter cup chopped dried basil
- one quarter cup chopped fresh oregano
- one half cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- your favorite gluten free pasta
- your favorite marinara sauce
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- In three different deep prep bowls, put the egg whites, basil and oregano, and bread crumbs.
- In a large saute pan that is oven safe and has a lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- While the olive oil is heating, dip each chicken breast into the egg whites, then the herbs, and then the bread crumbs, making sure to cover each side well.
- Put the coated chicken breasts into the heated olive oil. Let simmer and then flip, about 3 minutes each side.
- Pour about one half cup of your favorite marinara sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the chicken and place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over your favorite gluten free pasta and sauce, topping with parmesan cheese.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!