I had a few random leftover potatoes from various recipes and didn’t quite know what to do with them, so I made an alternative potato salad. I used those potatoes, some leftover red pepper, and quinoa to make a great curried potato salad. It would be great as a lunch salad, or a side to dinner. And, if you don’t like curry, you can easily leave it out.
Triple Potato Curried Quinoa Salad
- One sweet potato, peeled and diced into half inch cubes
- One white potato, peeled and diced into half inch cubes
- 5-6 small red bliss potatoes, washed and cut into half inch cubes
- 2 red peppers, cut into half inch squares
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 cup quinoa cooked to package directions
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. ginger
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, combine the sweet potato cubes, white potato cubes, and red potato cubes with the cinnamon, 3 tsp. curry powder, smoked paprika, and butter.
- Cook on medium heat, covered, until potatoes are a little bit harder than fork tender, about 10 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes.
- Add the red peppers and continue to cook until red peppers and potatoes are tender, about another 4 minutes. When cooked, take off heat and let cool.
- Cook the quinoa to package directions.
- In a salad dressing shaker, or a bowl, combine the olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, 1 tsp. curry powder, sugar, ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake/mix vigorously.
- In a serving bowl, combine the potatoes and red peppers with the quinoa, and pour dressing on top. Mix well and serve!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!