Last week, I had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with family for the Thanksgiving holiday. I did not cook, which of course was nice, but it also made me want to try a few of my own Thanksgiving recipes when I came home! I cooked an herb crusted turkey breast with my mom’s stuffing and my new Cinnamon Spiced Carrots. The carrots were super easy to do, and I would enjoy them all winter long!
Cinnamon Spiced Carrots
- 8 carrots, peeled and diced into quarter inch rounds
- 4 parsnips, peeled and diced into quarter inch rounds
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Peel and cut the carrots and parsnips.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, parsnips, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey.
- Toss the ingredients with your fingers a few times to combine.
- In a roasting pan, pour the carrot mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 35 minutes, until the carrots are fork tender.
- Serve hot!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!