I have a big sweet tooth, but with living a healthy life style and being gluten and dairy free, I have to balance my sweets. I was looking to satisfy that sweet tooth and made these peanut butter chocolate truffles. I had to make a small batch because I knew I would be tempted to eat all of them! I used dairy free chocolate chips, and I promise you will never know the difference. This recipe make about 2 dozen balls.
Peanut Butter Amazeballs
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
- one half jar smooth peanut butter (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup gluten free crispy rice cereal
- 8 ounces dairy free mini chocolate chips
- cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in rice cereal just until incorporated.
- Chill the dough 1 hour.
- Form dough into balls, about 1 tbsp. at a time. In the center of each ball, fold in a few mini chocolate chips using your fingers.
- Freeze the formed balls for about 2 hours.
- Heat the rest of the chocolate chips in a shallow bowl about 2 minutes in the microwave, stir to make sure chocolate is melted.
- Roll each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top and put in the fridge.
- Serve when the chocolate has hardened again.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!