Ok, here is the last of the pumpkin recipes… for now at least! I recently made risotto, and used apple cider to cook the rice instead of traditional chicken broth… it was delicious! The flavor was full and rich… and I topped the risotto with dried cranberries and a scoop of pumpkin puree. This is a great fall recipe!
Apple Cider Risotto with Pumpkin
- 1 leek, washed and cut into quarter inch rounds (excluding the greens)
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups apple cider
- one half cup pumpkin puree
- one half cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper
- Wash the leek and cut into quarter inch rounds.
- In a large pan, saute the leek in the vegan butter for a few minutes on high heat just until it starts to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the arborio rice and stir for two minutes.
- Add the apple cider, one half cup at a time, stirring until it is all absorbed before adding the next half cup.
- When the rice is cooked through and the apple cider is absorbed, serve the risotto hot with a tablespoon of pumpkin puree and a handful of dried cranberries on top.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!