Potatoes are easy to work with, and easy to mold into different side dishes with various flavors. Here is a basic casserole that adds the unique flavors of leeks and fennel. A great side dish to any hearty meal!
Potato, Leek, and Fennel Casserole
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
- 3 leeks, the white parts sliced and rinsed
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 5 russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup gluten free chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tsp. parmesan cheese or dairy free equivalent
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan.
- Add the leeks and fennel and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chicken stock, white wine, parsley, and salt and pepper. Continue to saute another 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a deep oven safe dish and bake another 60 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve hot, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!