My family has an inside joke to hide any shrimp at holiday gatherings because I will eat it all. I do really love shrimp! Grilled… with cocktail sauce… or over pasta. Here is a great mom- inspired shrimp over pasta recipe that is easy and full of flavor. Perfect for summer!
Shrimp, Peppers, and Onions over Arugula Pasta
- one half of an onion, chopped
- three celery stalks, chopped
- 3 peppers, cut into long strips… your favorite colors
- one pound of shrimp, peeled
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- one half cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 cups arugula
- one box of gluten free pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan, add the onion, celery, garlic, and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Saute just until tender.
- Add the pepper strips and 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- When the onion, celery, and peppers are soft, add the peeled shrimp, white wine, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Saute until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
- Cook the gluten free pasta according to package directions.
- Serve in a layer… pasta in a bowl, a handful of arugula, and then the shrimp mixture on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!