As someone who loves to cook, I admit that I haven’t ever really made mashed potatoes. I guess it is a dish left to someone who really knows how to do it, like Mom. So, I decided that it was time to give it a whirl. Mashed potatoes… garlicky, perfectly whipped, and dairy free!
- 6 Russet potatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk, plus a few tbsp. more for blending if needed
- 4 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. each sea salt and lemon pepper
- parsley for garnish
- Clean the potatoes and cut them into one inch cubes. I like keeping the skins on, but you can peel them if you rather.
- Steam the potatoes until a little more than fork tender.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the potatoes, coconut milk, vegan butter, garlic, salt, and lemon pepper.
- Using a hand blender or immersion mixer, blend the mixture until finely whipped and smooth. Add more coconut milk until desired consistency, if needed.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.