Summer practically begs for fresh tomato and basil salads. It is such a fresh combination, and summer is the perfect time for home grown basil. Here is a tomato basil salad that will add some spice to any summer night… it certainly isn’t what you are expecting. And one of my new favorites.
Not Your Average Tomato Basil Salad
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- one cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the tomatoes, mango, and basil.
- Toss in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle curry powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Serve cold.
One response to “Not Your Average Tomato Basil Salad”
The mango is a lovely idea!