I usually eat half of an avocado and some gluten free granola with soy milk for breakfast. But I like to get a little more creative and involved on the weekends. I also try to eat one egg on the weekends, in hopes that my body will be “less” allergic to them in the future. I can handle one egg, but am scared to try more. So, with my one egg indulgence, I made a sausage and egg scramble that was scrumptious on this lazy Sunday morning!
Basil and Apple Sausage Scramble
- one quarter cup onion, chopped
- one tsp. vegan butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- one chicken apple sausage (cooked), cut into small pieces
- one egg
- one half tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. goat cheese
- 1 basil leaf, chopped
- In a saute pan, add the onion, butter, and salt and pepper over medium heat. Saute until onion is soft.
- Add the sausage and saute just another minute or two, until the sausage is browned.
- Add the egg, and stir to get the egg scrambled and cooked. Reduce heat to low.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- When cooked through, pour into serving bowl.
- Add the goat cheese and chopped basil.
- Give it a stir and serve hot.
Happy Allergy Free Breakfasting!