With my mouth still watering from my recent trip to North Carolina, I wanted to try to make my own BBQ ribs. My mom and I love having lunch at a chain BBQ place, Sticky Fingers, because their ribs are sooooo good. In between visits, I’ll have to just make my own Oven Roasted Ribs! Still sticky, delicious, and sweet!
Oven Roasted Ribs
- one rack of pork ribs
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. hot honey mustard
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- one half cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp, worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika, plus 2 more tbsp. for a dry rub
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp. smoked paprika and salt and pepper over the ribs. (You may have to break the rack in half.)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the racks, meaty side down, and let them sizzle for a few minutes until browned.
- In a bowl, mix together the ketchup, honey mustard, molasses, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, cinnamon, remaining smoked paprika, and cumin. Stir well.
- When the ribs are browned, place them on tin foil on a cookie sheet. Slather the sauce over the ribs, leaving about one quarter cup of sauce for serving. Fold the tinfoil over so the ribs are covered.
- Bake at 325 degrees, at least 4 hours.
- Serve hot, with an extra drizzle of sauce on top.
Served with a side of Colette’s Corn Salad!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!