Weekend mornings are a time to sleep in, enjoy a big mug of coffee, and make a big breakfast… at least mine are! This morning, I made hash browns with sweet potatoes, onions, and paprika and then started thinking about all the different combinations you could make with this base. The sweet potatoes and onions are delicious on their own, but if you were making a big breakfast, there are plenty of add ins you could use.
Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- one sweet potato, peeled and chopped into matchsticks with a mandolin
- 3 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- one half teaspoon each, sea salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a saute pan.
- Stir 5-7 minutes over medium heat, until sweet potatoes and onion get tender.
- Serve hot with your favorite breakfast add ins.
Other ideas and combinations:
- serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce
- add brown sugar and a drizzle of honey
- add your favorite sausage… mine is kielbasa
- add chopped green and red peppers
- serve with rosemary, thyme, and lemon juice
- add white potato matchsticks
- serve with a dollop of sour cream and chopped chives
- put on top of a waffle with some maple syrup
Happy Allergy Free Breakfasting!