Most people who have spent quality time in the kitchen would agree that you are either a cook or a baker. I am a cook. Baking is a challenge for me, but I am willing to try. I made a first attempt at Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and was pleasantly surprised! They definitely don’t taste gluten and dairy free… I think xanthan gum is the secret. And the best part about baking is having sweet treats as leftovers!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups your favorite gluten free flour
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- one half tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs or equivalent
- 4 tbs. vegan butter
- one quarter cup brown sugar
- three quarters cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ones and stir to combine.
- Pour in the oats and the chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes; it will be easier to work with.
- On a greased cookie sheet, drop small handfuls (or large tablespoons) of dough, leaving an inch in between each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
Happy Allergy Free Baking!