I love trying new ways to cook potatoes. They go with any meal, are easy to flavor, and can be cooked in so many different ways. Here, I tried steaming the potatoes in an aluminum foil pouch that I baked in the oven. I imagine you could do the same thing on the grill. This recipe is also very open to different flavors by just changing what goes into the pouch. Instead of rosemary and olive oil… try paprika and chili powder, or dijon mustard and lemon thyme, or even citrus zest!
- one to two pounds small red potatoes
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper
- Cut the potatoes into quarters, or bite sized.
- Using a large piece of aluminum foil, create a pouch by putting the potatoes on top of the foil. Then sprinkle the olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, and rosemary on top and fold up the sides of the foil.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes, or until fork tender. You could also steam on the grill, keeping the lid to the grill closed.
- Serve hot!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!