Over the summer, my mom and I went to a great little cafe for lunch. I ordered a delicious Greek salad that came with a side of white beans. The white beans were the best part of the lunch! I just had to try to re-create them at home. I think they turned out great, and would be a great side dish to any meal. And, they only took about 10 minutes to make!
White Beans with Rosemary and Lemon
- one 15 oz. can white cannellini beans
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Drain the can of beans.
- In a large saute pan, pour half of the beans. Mash them with a potato masher.
- Pour in the other half of the drained beans.
- Over medium heat, add the rosemary, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cook just until heated through.
- Serve hot.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!