I was looking for a change of my usual meat- and- veggie dinner pace this week, so I bought some shrimp and gluten free pasta. Gluten free pasta is actually pretty good… I have tried the corn, rice, and potato varieties. They do have a slightly different texture, but still great for a pasta night. And shrimp? It is one of my faves…and bags of frozen shrimp were on sale this week. So a light, easy, and quick recipe is born…
Shrimpy Pasta with Asparagus and Lemon
- one pound gluten free pasta
- one pound shelled and deveined shrimp
- one bunch of asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- the juice of one lemon
- one cup of white wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp. dill
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large stir fry pan, add the shrimp. Add a little cooking spray or oil to coat.
- On medium heat, stir the shrimp until they start to get pink.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine, lemon pepper, and dill.
- When the shrimp are just about cooked through, add the asparagus.
- Stir for about 3-4 minutes, just until the asparagus gets tender and the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve over the cooked pasta, adding some of the leftover sauce to coat.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!