I just got home from a great visit with my parents in North Carolina. I love visiting my family, but especially since my mom is such a great cook. She always find the most interesting flavors and dishes! This next one is one that she found through her local fish market and is from Bon Appetit. I don’t usually make fish myself purely because I prefer chicken and beef, but this salmon recipe is definitely a keeper. It was so quick and easy, but certainly tasted fancy and rich!
Roast Salmon with Mustard, Tarragon, and Chive Sauce from Bon Appetit
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard (such as Gulden’s)
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 3 1/2- to 3 3/4-pound whole side of salmon with skin (about 1 1/2 inches thick at thickest part)
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 450°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix first 7 ingredients in medium bowl. Season mustard sauce lightly with salt and generously with pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on diagonal on prepared sheet. Spoon 1/2 cup mustard sauce atop salmon, then spread over, covering completely. Sprinkle salmon generously with salt and pepper. Roast just until salmon is opaque in center, about 15 minutes. Using parchment as aid, transfer salmon to platter. Cut crosswise into pieces and serve with remaining mustard sauce.