My childhood summers consisted of many trips up to Maine beaches, which always also included Maine lobster. YUM! So to me, nothing says summer more than some red hot lobster. After a very filling recent lobster dinner, I took some leftovers and made a Fancy BLT open sandwich the next day. Even better the second day!
- the leftover claw and tail meat of 1 lobster
- 2 slices bacon
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. (vegan) mayo
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 2 slices of your favorite gluten free bread
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- Strip the claw and tail of the lobster to get all possible meat. Shred with your fingers or a fork and put into a bowl.
- Cut the bacon into small bite sized pieces and saute on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, until crispy.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Chop the celery into the same size pieces as the tomatoes.
- Add the sauted bacon, cherry tomatoes, celery, lemon pepper, and mayo to the lobster meat and stir to combine.
- Toast and butter the bread to your liking.
- Create an open sandwich by scooping lobster salad on the toast.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!