Summer. Grilling. BBQ. Some of my favorite things! I would probably say that BBQ sauce is my favorite condiment… I even choose BBQ sauce over ketchup for my French fries. Here is an easy and different mashed potato side dish to complement any grilled summer meal!
BBQ Smashed Potatoes
- 8-10 small red potatoes
- one quarter of a red onion, diced
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. honey
- one half cup of your favorite gluten free BBQ sauce
- Wash and dice the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Steam the potatoes just until fork tender, do not overcook.
- Let the potatoes cool. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes into a casserole dish, and smash the potatoes roughly. Don’t mash until smooth; leave some texture.
- Season the potatoes with smoked paprika.
- Dice the onion and sprinkle on top.
- Drizzle the honey over the potato and onion mix.
- Pour the BBQ sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot!