I recently discovered a turkey bacon at Whole Foods that has 35 calories a slice, and has no nitrates or hormones… and it is nice and thick! So I had to figure out how to use this great find in my lunches last week. So here goes the Bean, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Salad! This recipe is enough to make a few salads.
Bean, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Salad
- salad lettuce (about half a bag, washed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5-6 slices turkey bacon
- one can white beans, drained
- one half cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp. herbed mayo (or substitute)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Slice the bacon into small pieces and sauté in a large skillet over medium heat, until desired crispiness.
- Drain the white beans.
- In a large bowl, plate 2 handfuls salad lettuce and add a handful of cherry tomatoes, about a quarter cup sauted bacon, two teaspoons crumbled blue cheese, and a quarter cup drained white beans.
- In a salad dressing shaker, combine and shake the mayo, olive oil, white vinegar, garlic salt, lemon pepper, and chili powder.
- Top salad with dressing and enjoy!