As the holidays approach, the days get shorter and the to do lists seem to get longer. During this time, I love making a homemade dinner that involves not much more than opening a bottle of wine and cooking some quick chicken thighs… a la Friday Night Chicken! It is super easy to make and quick… and while the wine is open, you might as well have a glass!
Friday Night Chicken
- 3-4 chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
- one half cup white wine
- one half cup chicken broth (gluten free)
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1 tbsp. chopped dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan, melt the 3 tbsp. vegan butter over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, place the chicken thighs on top.
- Sprinkle the parsley, basil, salt, and pepper evenly over each side of the chicken thighs.
- Let the thighs sit in the melted butter about 4 minutes each side, just until each side starts to brown.
- Add the wine and chicken broth.
- Cover and let simmer about 15-20 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add more liquid if you need to so the chicken doesn’t burn, or take the lid off for the lats few minutes to let the liquid burn off.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!