I recently had some friends over to my new house to catch up and celebrate summer. We had so much fun chatting and laughing, and of course eating! One friend brought homemade ice cream sandwiches, and I had to share. So delicious, and perfect for summer. They used the classic peanut butter and chocolate combination that we all love!
PBC Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar, plus 3-5 tsp. more for garnish
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 carton dairy free chocolate peanut butter ice cream
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg, baking powder, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Roll the dough into golf ball sized balls.
- Dip the balls into extra sugar to garnish.
- Place the balls in a cookie sheet, and use a fork to make a criss cross design and to flatten a little.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- When the cookies cool, spread softened chocolate peanut butter ice cream in between 2 cookies.
- Wrap each cookie in wax paper and freeze until ready to eat!
Happy Allergy Free Desserting!
One response to “Summer ice cream sandwiches”
These ice cream sandwiches are delicious! They do not taste dairy free so they would be enjoyed by all friends and members of the family!