I cherish my weekend mornings… time to sleep in, wake up slowly, enjoy a mug of coffee, and make a big breakfast. I always try to eat a breakfast that is different from my usual quick smoothie routine, and this weekend, it was chocolate chip pancakes. Instead of using gluten free flour mixes, I decided to make my own… and they came out delicious!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup soy flour
- one half cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (or equivalent)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. agave nectar
- one half tsp. salt
- one half cup chocolate chips
- one half tsp. baking powder
- cooking spray
- vegan butter, cinnamon, and syrup for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, drop large circles of batter and cook on medium heat.
- When the pancakes start to bubble, flip each one to cook the other side.
- You will know when they are cooked because they won’t be drippy.
- Serve hot with some vegan butter, a dusting of cinnamon, and maple syrup!
Happy Allergy Free Eating… and Breakfasting!