As sad as I am to see summer drift away, the pumpkins in the grocery store are enticing me to make some fall recipes. So I made my very first attempt at Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. My first try was pretty good, but I think I need to make a few improvements. It needs a little more sugar (as much as I hate to say that), and I think I would use vegan butter instead of oil next time. Also, more spices would really kick up the flavor.
Here is the first attempt recipe:
- 1 can pumpkin
- half cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs (or egg replacer)
- 2 cups soy flour
- three quarters tsp. baking powder
- three quarters tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- one half cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a greased bread pan, pour the ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
What is so great about pumpkin bread are the varieties it can take… you can add craisins, walnuts, pecans, cinnamon chips… the list goes on. Stay tuned for take #2 soon.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!