We all know that fruit and veggies have become a major staple in my diet. The end of summer marks the dwindling of fresh fruits and veggies and their peak seasons, so I have been trying to make summer last as long as possible. That means as many fruit and veggie recipes that I can make before the days shorten into fall…
A recent conversation with a friend, about food of course, left us comparing cucumber salad recipe ideas. She uses balsamic vinegar and I use rice vinegar. My mouth watering, I of course had to come home and make some cucumber salad to go with my summer tomato basil burgers on the grill pan.
Crunchy Cucumber Salad
- 1 half of a cucumber
- One quarter of a red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- One half teaspoon sugar
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 2 basil leaves for garnish
- Slice the washed cucumber on a mandolin so the slices are thin. Leave the skin on, that is where all the nutrients are!
- Finely chop the red onion into your favorite bite size pieces.
- Over the cucumber and red onion, add the lemon juice, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with chopped basil leaves.
Happy Allergy Free Eating! Enjoy the final days of summer.