I had a great food and drink weekend… it started with a birthday celebration with friends at a hibachi grill which included tropical cocktails, and ended with salads and summer cocktails along the waterfront. The hibachi grill was such a fun atmosphere with friends, and our personal chef around the table was careful to cook my food without soy sauce and butter. The weekend continued with a wonderful beet salad including candied walnuts and craisins, while sitting along the waterfront. A perfect end to summer and beginning to a new school year.
As summer winds down, I wanted to share some of my favorite summer cocktails. I will probably try to recreate these in the dead of winter, encouraging summer to return again!
- Fill a cocktail glass half way with Pimm’s Liquer.
- Add two tablespoons of sweet and sour mix.
- Fill the rest with Sprite.
- Garnish with a cucumber slice and some ice cubes.
Green Apple Mojito
- In a cocktail glass, add 2 shots of green apple vodka or green apple rum.
- Add a few sprigs of mint and the juice of half of a lime. Muddle to release the herb flavors.
- Add one teaspoon agave nectar.
- Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling white wine and ice cubes.
Sparkling Peach Cosmo
- In a martini glass, pour 1 shot peach vodka.
- Add 1 shot of cranberry juice.
- Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling white wine.
- Garnish with a lime slice.
Cheers to the end of summer!