Mom strikes again! She found this great aioli recipe (in “For Cod and Country” by Barton Seaver) that is deep, smokey, and delicious. Beyond flavor, I like how universal it is. We served it over crispy garlic potatoes at dinner one night, and over hash brown potatoes the next morning at breakfast. I could also see this dressing over grilled chicken or as a dipping sauce for hearty veggies. Be creative!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- juice of half of an orange
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup canola or olive oil
- Whisk together the egg yolk, vinegar, garlic, paprika, orange juice, salt until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the oil while whisking, so that it is incorporated in a steady stream. This will ensure the oil is mixed in thoroughly and won’t separate. The sauce will thicken.
- Refrigerate until ready to use, and bring to room temperature when serving.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!