I love the sweet and salty flavors of chocolate covered pretzels. Instead of buying a bag, make your own at home with your own flavor combinations…. such as coconut, peppermint, smoked sea salt, or even curry! These also have no baking involved, so they are a perfect summer treat on hot days. And of course, gluten and dairy free!
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- one bag gluten free pretzels
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips (I swear you won’t know the difference!)
- your favorite toppings… I sprinkled with shredded coconut, smoked sea salt, and even a few with curry powder for a spicy kick. You can also add your favorite candies or extracts, such as peppermint or orange.
- In a microwavable bowl, add the chocolate chips. Microwave on high for about 1-2 minutes, checking after each minute. Stir the chocolate to see if it has melted.
- Dip the pretzels in the chocolate halfway, and lay on wax paper.
- Top with your favorite toppings and leave to cool. You may have to put them in the fridge, depending on how hot the day is. If you are adding flavor extract, stir a tsp. in with the melted chocolate.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!