Hello again! I haven’t posted in a while, but am back, ready for summer, and still in the kitchen!
My mom recently made this Roasted Tomato Soup recipe for me when I was under the weather, and it is delicious. It comes from Tyler Florence, and is made from actual tomatoes. Definitely one of my favorites. All my mom did differently was make it gluten and dairy free!
Roasted Tomato Soup based on a recipe by Tyler Florence
- 2.5 pounds fresh tomatoes (a variety- heirloom, roma, grape)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 small yellow onions, sliced
- one half cup olive oil
- 1 quart chicken stock (gluten free)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp. (vegan) butter
- three quarters of a cup coconut creamer
- one half cup freshly chopped basil leaves
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash, core, and cut tomatoes into halves.
- Put the cut tomatoes, garlic, and onions on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes, garlic, and onions from the oven and put into a large stock pot.
- Add the chicken stock, bay leaves, and butter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Return soup to low heat and add the coconut creamer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh basil.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!