Thai take out with having to leave your house!
Thai Peanut Noodles
- one and a half cups smooth peanut butter (I like Skippy Natural)
- 4 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. wheat free soy sauce
- juice of one lime (put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to get it really juicy)
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. ginger
- rice noodles (or your favorite pasta)
- one half cup of the water the pasta cooked in
- chopped scallions, about 2 tbsp.
- one carrot, shredded into fine strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. (When the pasta is done cooking, be sure to reserve one half cup of the water that the pasta cooked in.)
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, red chili flakes, and ginger. Stir well.
- When the pasta is done cooking, pour the one half cup of pasta water into the peanut sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add more warm water if you want to thin out the sauce even more, to your liking. If you don’t have any pasta water left, regular warm water is fine.
- Stir well and pour over the pasta.
- Top with chopped scallions and shredded carrot.
- Serve hot… or cold the next day!
You could also top with chopped peanuts, or shredded chicken.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!