I don’t usually cook fish because I would personally rather red meat. But, I had a craving for salmon with a little zing… so I came up with Sweet Salmon over Lemon Rice. It is sweet, savory, easy, and flavorful. Enjoy!
Sweet Salmon Over Lemon Rice
- 2 salmon filets
- juice of one lime
- one quarter cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. freshly ground ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup jasmine rice, cooked to directions
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic salt and stir.
- Pour the lime juice mixture over 2 salmon filets (in a bowl) and let sit in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- At 400 degrees, cook the marinated salmon on a cookie sheet for 18-20 minutes, until cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, cook jasmine rice according to directions.
- When rice is done cooking, add lemon rind and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve salmon over rice and enjoy!
Happy Allergy Free Eating!