This week I’m making pumped up Greek Salad with roasted eggplant, chickpeas, and homemade dressing. Very filling and easy to put together in the morning after a Sunday of brief cooking and chopping! This recipe will provide salads for the whole week, so adjust accordingly.
Roasted Eggplant Greek Salad
- one eggplant, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- one half of a red onion, cut into strips
- a few shakes of garlic salt
- a few shakes of lemon pepper
- 2 cans chick peas, drained
- grape tomatoes, cut in half
- two cucumbers, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- one jar kalamata olives, drained
- read leaf lettuce, washed and torn
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- one sprig rosemary
- 3 basil leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- On a cookie sheet, toss the eggplant and red onion pieces and sprinkle with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes, until tender.
- For the dressing, mix together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, rosemary, basil leaves, and salt and pepper. Shake well and let sit for a couple hours to let the herbs infuse.
- Over a bed of red leaf lettuce, toss grape tomatoes, cucumbers, chick peas, olives, eggplant, and red onion. (If you are a dairy person, you could add feta cheese.)
- Dress to your liking and enjoy!
- You could also bake some chicken tenders with lemon pepper at 375 degrees, cut into bite sized pieces, and toss with the salad for extra protein.
Happy Allergy Free Lunching!