Fall is the time to bring out the crock pot! I love coming home to a meal cooking in the crock pot… the savory smells, the prep work that was already done, and the knowing that a hot meal is only minutes away. Here is my hearty beef stew that is perfect for a cool fall night…
Potato Potato Beef Stew
- 1 lb. small white potatoes, cut into bite size pieces (quartered)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 6 parsnips, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- one half cup chopped onion
- 2 cans garlic and onion canned tomatoes, drained
- 2 lbs. sirloin meat tips
- one half cup red wine
- one half cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp. chopped rosemary, thyme, parsley
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic salt and pepper
- Put all pieces in the crockpot and heat on low for 5-5.5 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot!
And after a day of cooking with just a little heat and time…
Happy Allergy Free Eating… and stewing!