Risotto. Risotto is so rich and creamy, and gluten free! It’s a little different than traditional pasta or rice, and is a great blank canvas for various flavor combinations. I usually like to put a little meat and veg into risotto, so this week I tried to combine Pea and Prosciutto Risotto with Honey Mustard. It reminded me of a good ham and honey mustard sandwich! (If you like dairy, add some of your favorite cheese to this ham sandwich!)
Pea and Prosciutto Risotto with Honey Mustard
- 2 tbsp. chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. hot honey mustard
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen peas
- one eighth of a pound prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp. dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep saute pan over medium heat, stir the shallot and olive oil for about 3 minutes, until shallot starts to soften.
- Add the hot honey mustard and stir for another minute.
- Add the arborio rice and stir for one minute, just to toast and coat the rice.
- Add one cup chicken broth and stir.
- Continue to add the chicken broth, one half cup at a time and stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. It does require attention and stirring, but is worth it!
- When almost all of the liquid is absorbed, add the peas and prosciutto and stir. Cover and let simmer about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the dill and salt and pepper.
- Give it a final stir and serve hot.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!