Mom’s Apple, Celery, and Sausage Stuffing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
- olive oil for sauteing
- 2-3 chicken apple sausage links, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 green apples, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 2 tbsp. thyme
- 1 small jar of chestnuts, chopped
- 1 package of gluten free stuffing
- 2-3 tbsp. vegan butter
- 3 cups gluten free chicken broth
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- In a large pan coated with olive oil, add onion and celery. Stir for a few minutes until they start to get tender.
- Add the sausage and apple bites, stirring to let the flavors mix and mingle.
- When the fruit and veggies start to really tenderize, and the sausage starts to cook, add the parsley, thyme, chestnuts, and stuffing bits. Stir together to incorporate.
- Add vegan butter pads on top and pour in chicken broth.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes, until everything cooks through.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve!
Well… I’m off to enjoy the best part of Thanksgiving… leftovers! Happy Allergy Free Eating.