Leeks are a great way to add flavor. And who doesn’t love a good white wine sauce?
Leek and Mushroom Chicken with White Wine Sauce
- two chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- one and one half cups white wine
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1 container sliced mushrooms
- 2 leeks, sliced into small rounds and rinsed
- In a large saute pan with some olive oil, start to cook the chicken breasts on medium heat.
- Flip the chicken after 2 minutes.
- Add half of each of the white wine, dijon mustard, butter, and thyme. (You can estimate the measure, and just pour it in there… it will mix while cooking).
- Cover and let simmer for about 7 minutes. Watch that the wine doesn’t totally evaporate, and if it does, just add more.
- After 7 minutes, flip the chicken again. Stir up any browned bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the remaining wine, mustard, butter, and thyme as well as the mushrooms and leeks.
- Cover and let simmer 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with heaping spoonfuls of the leeks, mushrooms, and sauce on top.
Happy Allergy Free Eating!