For a healthier version of Chinese take out…
Honey Sesame Tofu
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 3 tbsp. oil for sauteing
- 2 tbsp. gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. agave nectar
- 3 tbsp. plum sauce
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Make crispy tofu pieces, like I did in Sweet and Salty Stir Fry. Follow steps 1-6 to dry, slice, and saute the tofu in hot oil in a shallow pan until they start to brown.
- While the tofu is cooking, make the honey sauce by combining soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, agave nectar, plum sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chili powder.
- Heat the sauce on low until it starts to bubble, whisking thoroughly.
- Then add 1 tbsp. flour to thicken, and stir for just another minute.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu, sprinkle some sesame seeds, and serve over rice and/or vegetables.
Here is the take out version with rice:
Here is my version with snap peas:
Pretty close… and I am sure my version is healthier!
Happy Allergy Free Eating.